Friday 3 May 2013

Bank Holiday Brownies

Choc & cream cheese brownies
Is there anything nicer than the prospect of a long weekend stretching out ahead of you? I will finally have the time to try out some salted peanut, caramel and chocolate brownies, inspired by a recipe that I spotted on Food Network UK a couple of weeks ago. Full disclosure Ladies and Gentlemen: I'm not a huge fan of the brownie. I love cake, I love chocolate, but brownies? Meh! Not so much. Stubborn as I am, I have refused to admit defeat and have long been searching for the perfect brownie recipe. A yummy chocolate and cream cheese brownie by the French patissier Eric Lanlard has come close and now holds a firm place in my repetoire.
 
And yet, as delicious as these are, I feel I have more love to give, if only I could find that perfect brownie. Lady Readers, think of the eternal hunt for that perfect bag or those perfect shoes that you know simply MUST exist. Gentlemen, I refer you to Frodo's struggle to get the ring to Mount Doom - my brownie quest has been no less arduous. (Apologies for the stereotyping - I myself am a lady and also a life-long Tolkien fan, but I didn't feel the boys would get on board with the shoes and bag metaphor). Anyway, I digress. Back to the matter at hand: Is the salted peanut, caramel and chocolate brownie The One? Come the end of this weekend, I will have my answer, but if the peanut/caramel combo fails me, all suggestions for the Perfect Brownie Quest, Part II will be gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment